Saturday 21 May 2016

Electric Eye Look | Guest Blogger



Hey everyone!

Eleanor kindly let me do a guest post, so I thought it'd be a nice idea to do something colourful and fun. Hope y'all like it. The main element in this look is the eyes, its from one of my favourite palettes- the electric palette by urban decay.

So for this I just did my routine as normal. I primed my face with fix and protect by Rimmel, the foundation was Revlon colorstay in the shade 200 nude. (This is a brilliant dupe for double wear and it's only about half the price ).



I drew on my brows using the Archery D.I.Y brow bar by Soap and Glory. This is a a super handy brow palette as it has two shades you can mix to get the perfect match to your brows and it includes a highlighter!

Now on to my favourite part the eyes!
I primed them using urban decay eye shadow primer potion in the shade minor sin. For me this is eye make up holy grail!! It is such a nice tone and keeps the eye shadow perfectly. This is really good for a look with such pigmented colours such as this palette, so that they don't look dulled. On the lid I smudged on nyx jumbo eye pencil in 608 Cottage Cheese. This will add serious intensity to the colour on the lid.

In the crease, from outer to inner, blend the colour savage. With a different brush, just slightly lower blend the colour urban, this is a super cool purple for the summer months. I think it'd be awesome for a festival look. On the lid with a clean brush, pat on the colour fringe and blend out lightly. Under the eye with a thin brush line the eye with the colour streak. Just for a pop of something against the purple. Then line with the urban decay liquid liner (one of my favourite must have's) and a lick of mascara.

 To bring the look to more of a going out look I just popped some urban decay liquid glitter in the gold shade on top. Just pat it on with the brush and wait 30 secs to dry. Adding some serious glam to any eye look.

To contour I just used the Blank Canvas palette, it's super handy as it has all the necessary shades and stays on perfectly. Its a bargain at around €15, but it lasts ages! Its available on their website! To finish just add a spritz of the urban decay setting spray it will keep your face in place all night !

Hope you like the look :)

Thanks for having me!
Tri x





For more info check me out on!!
Instagram: wexcat
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dragonflybeautyblog/

No comments:

Post a Comment